Followers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Motivation

Recently, I do not feel motivated at all. Going for clinical. Counseling. Finishing my practical's report. Jogging. Uhh. It's like life is so dull. Like there is nothing else I would think other than this dietetics clinical thingy. And those assignments, project, assessments & bla bla bla..

I've been wondering why is this happening to me? What's wrong with me?? Maybe I just need a little motivation to go through with this?


Yeah. A little bit 'motivation' would do. So here it is. I've found it on the web. And I thought I want to share it. Read and think.



Make the Most of Where You Are
By: (the web says it is an unknown author. lol)


Wherever you are, be there fully.
For where you are is where you can most effectively act and live.


If you're constantly wishing that you were somewhere else, you diminish the opportunities for where you are now.
When your thoughts are in another place or time, your actions lose much of their effectiveness.


It's great to dream, to plan, to aspire, to reach for new and improved circumstances.
And yet the way to successfully do that is by being the best you can be in the place where you now find yourself.


It's great to keep yourself focused on an ambitious goal.
And that focus is the most effective when it is crafted from the perspective of where you are now.


To successfully travel the path from here to there, you must start with being fully here.
The more you give your attention and energy to making the most of where you are, the more quickly you'll move along that path.


There is much to be accomplished, much to be lived in every place and in every moment.
Be there fully for all of them, and life will be rich indeed.
~ ~ ~ ~


Source: http://www.wow4u.com/


Huh. I guess I should only be thinking about nutrition and dietetics then??? That is kind of hard......Muzukashii....Or am I misinterpreting things??


Now I understand why most patients having a hard time to comply to the diet advice....I don't think anyone or any counselor would be able to help me...I still wish that I was somewhere else..lol.



Tu diaa...!! Kalau Sengoku betul2 buat camtu kat aku...naya gak.

7:49 pm, 18/07/10
chanz
 

3 comments:

  1. Kim, ni conversation antara Julian and John dalam buku A Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.

    "You have learned yet another principle for
    enlightened living. For the most part, fatigue is a creation of the
    mind. Fatigue dominates the lives of those who are living without
    direction and dreams. Let me give you an example. Have you ever
    had an afternoon at the office where you were reading your dry
    case reports and your mind started to wander and you started to
    feel sleepy?"
    "From time to time," I answered, not wishing to reveal the fact
    that this was my modus operandi. "Sure, most of us feel drowsy at
    work on a regular basis."
    "Yet, if a friend calls on the phone to ask you if you want to go
    out to the ball game that night or asks you for advice on his golf
    game, I have no doubt that you would spring to life. Every trace of
    your fatigue would vanish. Is that a fair assessment?"
    "That's fair, counselor."
    Julian knew he was on a roll. "So your tiredness was nothing
    more then a mental creation, a bad habit your mind has cultivated
    to act as a crutch when you are performing a tedious task. Tonight
    you are obviously enchanted with my story and keen to learn the
    wisdom that has been revealed to me. Your interest and mental
    focus give you energy. This evening, your mind has not been in the
    past nor has it been in the future. It has been squarely focused on
    the present, on our conversation. When you consistently direct
    your mind to live in the present you will always have boundless
    energy, no matter what time the clock reflects."
    I nodded my head in agreement. Julian's wisdom seemed so
    obvious and yet so much of it had never occurred to me. I guess
    common sense is not always so common. I thought about what my
    father used to tell me when I was growing up: "Only those who
    seek shall find." I wished he was with me.

    Hope it helps you to get motivated my fiend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nisah - let's change our thinking...haha...can we??

    @cj - thanx for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete

would love to hear your thoughts on this.. click "subscribe by email" to get my reply :)