Followers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reviu Merepek: Bruce Lee, My Brother

Synopsis:
The life story of martial arts icon and actor Bruce Lee. The untold story. Source by imdb




I went to watch this movie hoping that there will be lots of fighting and actions. Hey, when you think of Bruce Lee, what else will appear in your mind? Fight, fight and fight!! However......



This movie is not about how Bruce Lee became a martial artist. It's..another side of him. As the title said, it's a story told by his family, to be exact - his siblings. Watching for 1 hour of the movie, I am confused. What is this movie about actually? Bruce Lee's romance life? Because from what I've seen, it's only about Bruce Lee falling in love, having friends and a good family. I've been waiting and waiting when is Lee going to learn martial art and fight.


Until..some arrogant US man meets him. And they fight with boxing. This part of boxing also confusing me. When did the US invites him to fight officially? I think they just met in a restaurant, and 'fight' (if you call being punched on the head and that's all, is fight) and yeah the US did want to fight again with him when he is ready, but he never said to fight him officially? Or maybe I did not pay attention because the story is so slow and dull.


Okay, they did boxing. Of course, Lee won. But it still did not entertain me. It's the climax part which made me really feel the movie. Where Lee trying to rescue his friend, Kong (is the name correct?) from the drugs' slum. Uhh I like the friendship's bond and sacrifice shown in this part. Yeah. Only this part that I like. Also, Lee is 'fighting'. Eh fighting?? Nope. He is escaping. Not fighting at all.


Even though it sucks, at least viewer got to know a lil bit about him. I'm not a fan of him, so at least I got to know his names - Bruce Lee, Phoenix (name used by the family) and Siu Long (called by his friends). And how he got the names. Bruce - his father mistakenly assumes his wife saying Push as his newborn's baby's name, and the nurse mistakenly heard that it was Bruce LOL (dunno whether this a fact or not). Phoenix - is a name given by his grandmother. Siu Long - is a name he got in his film debut since childhood.


My rating for this movie is 6/10. I would not recommend people watching this if you expect some kicking ass, flying in the air, full of action movie.

P/S: I can't believe Bruce Lee chose Pearl over Margaret! Margaret is much cuter and prettier than Pearl!!! LOL
P/S2: Looks like this person agrees with me --> review Next time, if you want to watch a movie, read some reviews!!!! 


TQ. Noted by,
8:20 pm, 28/11/10
chanz

7 comments:

  1. aku xtau nk komen pe. LOL
    sbb aku x mnat bruce lee..hua3.
    yg aku tau..biar laa dia nk pilih sape2 yg dia ske pn.psl falling in love, u just do. xleh pilih2. ><
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..my rating overall for this movie is 4/10. How come such a movie like this that bears its name 'Bruce Lee', then come out with the romantic scenery that can disrupt the nature of the movie itself. I'll bet myself into the end that almost all people in cinemas who came to watch this movie expect more actions than romance, isn't it? Even there is one sentence of tagline that I saw on one of movie's poster outside the cinema which is The Untold Story of Truth, it's still cannot justify wisely why such movie like this came out with romance scenery. ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nisah - betul2..saya cuma tak percaya jek..hehe

    @fizi - that's our PM! :D. english hg dh semakin powerr ar

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha..blah..haha..ayat nie broken english kot..awai2 dah silap..supposedly "my overall rating"..aku tulis ikut sedap di mulut je..haha..tp writing hancur!hg lg power

    ReplyDelete
  5. grammar ko okay what..cuma "it's still cannot" tak betul..haha~

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe.."it still cannot" sepatutnya..slow2 blaja..haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. rilek ar..aku pun belaja2 menulis gak lam english guna blog~ praktis skill anda! baru leh tahu mana yg kurang..

    ReplyDelete

would love to hear your thoughts on this.. click "subscribe by email" to get my reply :)